Changing noarch package to arch

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 13:31:42 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Updating did not remove /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Cython.  It left a
>> trail of empty subdirectories.
>
> Uhm
>
> rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Cython
>
> If this wasn't cleaned up correctly, that suggests a problem with
> Cython packaging not taking ownership of directories correctly.  If
> the package(s) were constructed correctly they should clean up the
> directories i think.

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Cython
Cython-0.9.6.13.1-3.fc9.noarch

Here's another question.  Are there no files at all in the Cython
directory structure?  Perhaps something created an untracked file in
there and that's why the directories weren't cleaned up.  (If not,
there's indeed a bug in somewhere.)  (Although it didn't exist ~6 months
ago when I had a package go from noarch => arch specific.)

-Toshio