Finnish spell checking packages and comps

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Jun 15 16:32:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

We now have the Enchant Voikko provider in Fedora (package enchant-voikko),
which provides Finnish spell checking support in Enchant. I would like to add
it in comps for F10 and F9, but it's (clearly) not a GUI app and enchant
itself is not in comps at all. This is what I'd like to add under
the "Finnish support" group:

<packagereq type="conditional" requires="enchant">enchant-voikko</packagereq>

Would that be ok? I see pretty much the same has been done for hunspell
packages for different languages, but hunspell is in the Base group, enchant
is not. What should I do?

I also have a package called tmispell-voikko, which can be used as an ispell
replacement for Finnish and it also has an ncurses "GUI". Technically it's a
text mode app, but could I still add it? It would go under the "Finnish
Support" group as well:

<packagereq type="optional">tmispell-voikko</packagereq>

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio