automating updates

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jun 16 08:23:17 UTC 2008

Le Lun 16 juin 2008 02:06, Christoph Wickert a écrit :

> Am Sonntag, den 15.06.2008, 23:04 +0200 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen:

>> Hmm... although I'm not much of a packager nor a frequent user of
>> the
>> CVS system:
>>
>> common/cvs-import.sh -b devel -m "update to x.x.x" /path/to/srpm
>> common/cvs-import.sh -b F-9 -m "update to x.x.x" /path/to/srpm
>
> Jeroen, please don't do that. We had this discussion back in Feb 2007
> on the maintainers list, please search for the thread named
> "Discourage
> cvs-import (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070222) FESCO meeting)".
>
> As a result of this discussion we set up a wiki page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo

Discourage does not mean forbid.

For the record I do all my package changes with cvs-import.sh and I've
never had a tenth of the tagging (or other) cvs problems people
complain on the list every month.

So do not use cvs-import.sh, it's discouraged (official line). That is
unless you have no wish to be exposed to cvs quirks, and find
cvs-import.sh a nice simple interface.

--
Nicolas Mailhot