/bin/mail replacement (next generation of mailx)

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Mon Jun 16 12:48:52 UTC 2008

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2008, at 16:06, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
>
>> Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>>> This looks good, but on a minimal system how many other packages
>>> would be pulled in as dependancies over the existing mailx?
>
>> For now, "openssl" (or "nss") and "krb5-libs". Is it OK for a minimal
>> system?
>
> Both of those ought to be on a system anyhow (openssh would need them).
>
> I was concerned that things like imap support could pull in a pile of
> other deps

Nope, all such are supported by nail itself.

Regarding the minimal install -- Does it have Mozilla's nss library or
not? For the "Security Consolidation" process, recently started in
Fedora, we should build mailx/nail against nss (instead of openssl). On
the other hand, if the current "minimal installs" don`t have nss, then
IMHO we should still use openssl (at least while openssh uses it)...

~buc
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmitryButskoy