Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Wed Jun 18 15:58:13 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
>> It sounds to me as though we're better off without it, regardless of its
>> status with regard to the GPL.
>
> Perhaps, if you like old buggy versions of firmware...

Is that what is going on? I thought it was adding TCP offloading[1] or similar.
I didn't think it was replacing anything on the card, but adding "features".
But I'm guessing you have no real idea what it's doing and are just making up
the assertion that it is replacing on board firmware.

Of course, if we want to know what it's doing we can just look at the...oh nvm.

-Jeff

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_Offload_Engine