apport/breakpad and fedora

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 17:08:26 UTC 2008

Will Woods wrote:
> The latter seems like the Right Thing, but it depends on the previous
> actions. I wonder how caillon would feel about getting Firefox doing
> reports to Mozilla in the meantime.

Our binaries aren't the exact same as Mozilla's for various reasons:
compiler flags, using system libs instead of in-tree, local patches we
may have, etc.  Thus our symbols don't match up 1 to 1 with what their
symbol server expects.  Additionally, we have symbols for architectures
they don't.  We can likely get them our symbol data, but it needs to be
done for every build we push through the build system.  If someone makes
this automatic, yeah sure I have no problem with it at that point.