Custom DSDT Table in the fedora kernel at boot time

Arjan van de Ven arjan at infradead.org
Wed Jun 25 02:38:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 01:18:56 +0200
"Joshua C." <jjj123jjj at hushmail.com> wrote:

> PS: There is one more option:
> Email the acpi-dev-team my custom dsdt so that they can include it
> in the mainline kernel :). Since this is the "missing" code that
> breaks my machine, it should be send as a patch for inclussion. And
> this is the only way to make my hardware work. So maybe I should
> email the kernel-acpi-dev-team :). As you can see, this is a lot
> "dirtier" than the above solution. Any other ideas how to make my
> hardware work? :)

as someone who works for Intel near the ACPI dev team (yes one cube
away)... lets put it this way:
If Windows works with the BIOS, and Linux does not, that is a bug that
needs fixing in Linux. The ACPI team takes this and other bugs VERY
seriously; especially if the impact is severe functional impairment and
Windows does work. I would strongly suggest you file a bug in
bugzilla.kernel.org attaching your dsdt....

If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan at linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org