Review request: new package (zfuzz), "new" maintainer

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Jun 28 22:00:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 01:10:46PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 11:35 -0400, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> > BTW, I think that the documentation for _creating_ Fedora RPMs was awful.
> > So I created a page on the Wiki for those who are creating their first RPM package,
> > so that others who want to create Fedora RPMs have a fighting chance:
> >  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo
> > If anyone else wants to make improvements to that, that'd be great.
>
> Just out of curiosity, why didn't you continue work on the Building
> Packages Guide[1] that's already a draft in the Docs project?
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide

Having read both, it seems to me that
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo
is more complete, though some generic information in the first case
study in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide
could be used in the other page. The case studies are also interesting,
maybe what is generic in this page should be merged to the other one and
only the case studies would be left, and it would become a page with
case studies?

--
Pat