This session is running as a privileged user box?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 04:29:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 21:58 -0600, Jerry Williams wrote:
> I am the only user most of the time on the box and I know that you
> should login as a normal user most of the time.

No, really, what you should do is login as a normal user _all_ of the
time, and use sudo or su to take root access only when you really need
it.

What you're doing is analogous to using a loaded shotgun as a golf club,
and what you're suggesting is that we take the safety off, because it
interferes with your golf game.

~spot