This session is running as a privileged user box?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 19:28:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 15:11 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 13:09 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> > although I could also see hiding the knob to turn it off
> > in some deep foo so that a person can't turn it off without really
> > knowing what they are doing, which implies maybe they know what they
> > are doing logging in as they are
>
> I could make the argument that having the ability to modify the source
> code is sufficiently equivalent to this.

Not really...if it can't be done with the package in the repo, then I
would argue that it isn't a deeply hidden knob, that's no knob.
Besides, do you *really* want to step into the "you have the source,
modify it" cold war control/escalation game over something that's so
obviously the user's own choice/fault if they choose to do so?

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at