Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 21:31:08 UTC 2008

> Simo Sorce wrote:
> >
> >> It's possible, but rare for project that has been under the GPL for any
> >> length of time. Since there is no requirement to track the copyright
> >> ownership of contributers there is generally no way to get permission
> >> from all of them for a change.  Of course a dual license could be
> >> applied from the start with one being less restrictive like perl's to
> >> eliminate that problem.
> >
> > Such dual licensing would be useless.
>
> How has it harmed perl to not force it's users to worry, as this endless
> thread has, about whether or not some component that it links is too
> free or not free enough?

Heh, this discussion is actually useless too.

You dislike the GPL, fine, I think everybody understood that. Now you
have 2 options: come to terms with it, or not.

In either case I'd suggest you express your frustrations about licenses
on some other list, not on a development list.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York