RFC: Page size on PPC/PPC64 builders

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Mar 2 20:43:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 18:04 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Packagers' lack of time or laziness is not a good excuse. If they
> can't fix it, they should seek help either from the PPC SIG or
> upstream.

I'm inclined to agree, but I'm concerned about how realistic that is,
especially since we encourage people to take responsibility for packages
when they don't even understand the language they're written in and
_can't_ fix things.

I already see people who should know better complaining about how
building for PPC is 'painful' -- and that kind of attitude has
contributed to the idiocy of letting 'secondary architecture' builds
fail _without_ aborting the main build. I don't want to make matters
worse by increasing the perception that building for PPC is hard.

If Fedora is after quantity instead of quality in packages and
packagers, then I don't want to make life harder for the PPC folks just
because we think that's a bad choice of priority. I'll tilt at one
windmill at a time, thank you.

--
dwmw2