Plan for tomorrows (20080306) FESCO meeting

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Mar 5 15:54:48 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 09:54 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:49:15AM -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
>>> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 18:00 UTC
>>> in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:
>> In the buildsys call last week, Jesse said he would bring a proposal
>> to make tags in CVS "immutable", which the 'correspondingsource'
>> project on fedorahosted will require.
>

> OOps, yes, thanks for bringing this up again.  Please add it to the
> schedule.

Ugh,

Can we _not_ do this please, sometimes one forgets to "cvs add foo-bar.patch",
being able to then just add it once the srpm build has failed in koji and do a
make force-tag is _very_ convenient. Is there actual proof that people are
using force-tag for other reasons then to fix build errors. If there is no
proof for this then why immediately use the immutable big hammer, for a
theoretical problem?

Regards,

Hans