Beta Release Notes

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Mar 5 23:07:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 05:59:49PM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> I didn't even know you could use GStreamer to do playback before today.
> swfdec is getting more traction in our circles as one part of it has
> been accepted into the GNOME desktop release (swfdec-gnome).

swfdec-gnome is not very interesting. The interesting part is the
mozilla plugin. There is a gnash counterpart for swfdec-gnome, gtk-gnash
(which is the default gnash). And gnash, additionally has a sdl, a fltk
and a kde gui.

It seems that there is a thumbnailer integrated in gnome, though, which
has no counterpart in gnash. It doesn't seems to me, however, that
swfdec-player is much better integrated than gtk-gnash (though it is a
bit better integrated, the difference isn't striking).

> We can always rethink the decisions when tihngs are more clear cut on
> either sides.

Indeed.

--
Pat