spec file changes: removing Release: and %changelog

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Mar 6 00:36:39 UTC 2008

On Wed March 5 2008, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

> Actually, I never fill the cvs changelog. Only the spec's changelog.
> Probably I'm wrong, but nobody claim me for it for a while.

With the Makefile.common Addons[1] you can use "make commit" to fill the
commit message with the spec changelog for the current version. It uses the
clog file from "make clog", which you could use with cvs commit -F clog iirc.

Regards,
Till

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsefulScripts#head-74286c0a7bbaaba6f3371b4a7490c2b246e527ee