[FW: [Fedora-xen] Plans for paravirt_ops kernel-xen]

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 15:47:54 UTC 2008

Forwarding the message below from Mark McLoughlin for wider exposure...

To make it crystal clear - we are almost certainly *NOT* going to have
Xen Dom0 host support in Fedora 9 GA. People requiring a Xen Dom0 host
should expect to remain on Fedora 8. We *WILL* be providing Xen DomU
guests running Fedora 9, with a kernel that is at last synced to bare
metal versions in a supportable manner.

If Dom0 support in F10 rawhide is sufficiently stable, we may add Dom0
to F9 post-GA, but don't count on it.

The ancient "upstream" Xen community kernels are never coming back.
Celebrate :-)

Dan.

----- Forwarded message from Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> -----