chroot install install-info warnings

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Mar 8 19:46:23 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Warren Togami wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Warren Togami (wtogami at redhat.com) said:
> >> Installing: info                         ##################### [ 85/340]
> >> install-info: No such file or directory for
> >> /usr/share/info/info-stnd.info
> >>
> >> While installing F-8 or F-9 chroots with livecd-tools, I see numerous
> >> warnings like the above.  Any idea why they happen?  Packaging bugs?
> >> Order bugs?
> >
> > Are you installing with --nodocs?
>
> Ah yes.  I guess I just have to live with this.

The cool thing is that nowadays one can actually choose to not install docs
and live with these harmless warnings instead of not getting packages
properly installed/erased.  That's a result of the loads of fail safety
changes of %post and friends that were made before F-8.  Thanks to everyone
for keeping things that way.