Last minute Nautilus change for Fedora 9

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 22:20:56 UTC 2008

2008/3/8, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  So perhaps, because everyone will notice this, it might be best to make a vote.
>  >

> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>
>  This isn't how this works. Design decisions are based on a meritocracy
>  not a democracy.  We have a desktop team, they make decisions about
>  design with regard to desktop issue based on a design roadmap that
>  guides their work.  We aren't going to be making community wide votes
>  on crap like this.. this is not how meritocracies work.
>
>  Governance structures like Fesco and the Board are here to drive
>  policy issues aimed at contributions.. we are not here to mandate
>  exactly which end-user features different groups of contributors
>  expose.
>
>  -jef

Just a "NO!" would have been fine.
And for: "meritocracy" i had to  google for it to find out what it
means.. and i don't fully agree on it that.. but that all isn't the
issue here. From the reply's here it looks like i can forget a FESCo
vote and from what you said that would be the best thing to do.
Otherwise FESCo could in the future get more requests like this which
isn't FESCo's responsibility.

And putting it upstream is something that i tried before and am not
gonna attempt again (not anytime soon).. they seem to have a reason to
keep it on 96x96 so let them have it.

A bugzilla report (posted here earlier) has been made and it's now all
in the hand of that maintainer. Want me to raise the severity of the
rapport from low to medium or high?

@Andrew Farris
I fully agree on all of that!
I think nautilus needs something like a "preview view"