F8 kernel-2.6.24.3-12.fc8

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:05:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:44:21 -0700
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:54:54 +0000

> >> Absolutely. We shouldn't be using Bohdi to track bugs against updates - they
> >> should all be in BZ. And if we're going to allow -ve karma to revert a bug
> >> fix, then it must be accompanied by a bug report indicating what's wrong.
> >
> > I've filed an RFE for this:
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/181
> >
> > josh
>
> This might be better overall, but I just want to point out it is definitely
> going to increase the barrier of getting people to use bodhi, which (due to this
> thread) is apparently not being used by testers enough as it is.
>
> I would think it is better to have a field users *may* add a bug number to their
> comment, so those with the motivation do, but requiring it is probably going to
> reduce the negative karma postings.

Fair points.  The RFE is open for discussion and it's exact
implementation will likely need to reflect the results of bringing the
overall proposal to FESCo.

If we want to be overachievers, then we can make bodhi talk to bugzilla
and dump the user into a new bug report immediately before/after doing
a negative karma comment.

josh