f8 kernel 2.6.24.3-12 replacement?

David Mansfield fedora at dm.cobite.com
Tue Mar 11 15:04:55 UTC 2008

The long thread that started with a request to not push the
kernel-2.6.24.3-12.fc8, and still goes on about all kinds of sundry
topics, doesn't address one thing:

An unborked kernel was going to be pushed to testing, "very shortly."
Any ETA?  The F8 kernel is really really broken.

The released kernel panics (aieeee!) for rtl8187 and locks up hard with
rt73usb, the two wireless drivers I have access to.

Question: how to capture the oops message that scrolls of the screen
before a panic (and subsequent complete halt of the machine)?  The oops
is not logged.  Is the kdump thing working these days?

I'm also not sure what the usefulness of creating tons of bugs in
bugzilla for something that is clearly so widespread that tons of
wireless drivers are affected.  Is this still something considered
useful, or would they be a pain for the triage/developer groups?

Thanks,
David