help with gcc 4.3 failure on xbsql

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 15:46:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 04:28:59PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Thats my fault, the xbase headers used to have "include <iostream.h>",
> which AFAIK implied "using namespace std;", so since those headers were
> in their old form dragging in namespace std, I thought it would be ok to
> also drag it in the gcc-4.3 "fix". But I agree it would be better to fix
> the headers to not do "using namespace std;", add std:: to the headers
> where needed and add "using namespace std;" to the xbase .cpp files.

iostream.h didn't imply using namespace std;, just
using std::iostream;
using std::ostream;
using std::istream;
using std::ios;
using std::streambuf;
using std::cout;
using std::cin;
using std::cerr;
using std::clog;
using std::ws;
using std::endl;
using std::ends;
using std::flush;

If that was the only backwards header in xbase, then just searching for
these identifiers and adding std:: in front of them should be enough.

	Jakub