Cannot print to file in Fedora

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Mar 11 16:36:47 UTC 2008

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>> Matej Cepl wrote:

>>> You do so by opening a terminal and run (as root, of course):
>>>
>>> setenforce 0
>>>
>>> Matěj
>>>

>> What both Matej and Tim forget to mention is
>> the fact that by running setenforce 0 command
>> it will change your selinux configuration settings permanently to
>> permissive
>> hence on next reboot your selinux would be running in permissive mode
>> instead of enforcing mode and leave your computer less secure...
> Since when is this valid? On my system permanent changes must be done
> via /etc/sysconfig/selinux. setenforce looses its effects after reboot

Since I apperantly was born stuborn and have to have the last word in
hasting misread the man page
( since I was being criticized by Matej by suggesting to the user the
selinux might be the culprit and showing him
how to set selinux to permissive mode with echo which apparently is not
as as fansy way to do it as setenforce.. ) note Tim showed
him the other way (  the apparently popular way ..setenforce 0 ) 8
minutes after I responded to him  to achieve the same thing..

Don't worry I wont bother helping users again that accidental post to
this list...

Best regards.
                   Johann B.