default partition scheme without /home - why ?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Mar 12 13:40:03 UTC 2008

On 2008/03/10 18:51 (GMT-0500) Les Mikesell apparently typed:

>   Maybe add a 4th level with 80G+ disks given 20G for /.

> I wouldn't default to less than 20 under any circumstance

Single desktop newb installs ordinarily don't even use 5G (more like 4G, and
not that long ago, under 2G). A 20G minimum is nuts if the disk is under 40G,
impossible if the disk is under 20G. This is the reason why "the" base scheme
should be tiered according to available space on the target.
--
"Let us not love with words or in talk only.
Let us love by what we do." 1 John 3:18 NLV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409