default partition scheme without /home - why ?

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 15:53:04 UTC 2008

Felix Miata wrote:
> Did you miss the part about "after screwing something up"? That would include
> a botched upgrade, for whatever reason, following which a fresh install on a
> reformatted / would be the natural and possibly only solution. It's a not
> uncommon situation.

Unless they have corrupted the filesystem itself, they can
reinstall/upgrade without reformatting.  Are you thinking of the case
where doing this doesn't overwrite a config file the user broke?  Do we
really want a user to have to format their hard drive to fix that sort
of problem?  Sounds like the wrong direction to me.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com