Summary of the 2008-03-11 Packaging Committee meeting

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Mar 12 16:42:22 UTC 2008

HdG> Also its too bad that it wasn't made clear in the summary that
HdG> this was not on the agenda, but only something discussed during
HdG> the free discussion phase at the end of the meeting.

I listed the votes that were called.  I tend not to include any
additional commentary because I do not want to introduce any personal
opinion into the summaries.

It is not uncommon that we address and indeed vote on something that
was brought to us during the meeting.  I don't really see what effect
that has on the fact that a vote was called and the proposal did not
pass.

If you have suggestions for the summary format, we can consider them
at the next meeting.

 - J<