Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 12:02:53 UTC 2008

On 2008-03-13, 15:02 GMT, Dimi Paun wrote:
> Cause: pulseaudio refuses to make use of the built-in (Intel)
> sound card. And I can't figure out how to force it!
> BTW: I use Gnome, I have ESD checked (that's an obvious label!)
> so pulseaudio is enabled.

The one thing which makes me really mad is a bug (which again
haven't to find, but it was filed) that ConsoleKit (or
PulseAudio, or Hal, or whichever *Kit is responsible for it)
messes my ACLs so normal user cannot write to the sound device.
Usually Ctrl+Alt+F1,Alt+F7 makes sound working, but this was
addmitted as a bug by davidz almost three months ago, and since
then NOTHING happened on this front.

Matej