Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri Mar 14 15:38:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 13:07 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > It's installed by default and appears as "PulseAudio Volume
> > Control" in the menus. What more are you asking for?
>
> I would think that calling the package pulseaudio-pavucontrol or
> something like that would help. The fact that is in comps doesn't
> help for all those who upgrade with yum (I know, I shouldn't do
> it and I usually don't, but many people do).

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me -- I upgraded my system
(but mind you, via Anaconda, not yum), and none of the PA utilities
were installed. Being new to PA, I tried to install everything
that's needed, and to find that out, I did:

$ yum list '*pulse*'

That worked well, except for the pa* utilities. Now, without those
you are pretty much doomed, and I didn't even know for the longest
time that I should have been using them...

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.