koji scratch builds - legit usage ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 15 01:48:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am working on {mpeg2 editor}, that can't be in Fedora, so I am
submitting to rpmfusion. It relies on packages {ffmpeg} that aren't in
Fedora.

Since I don't have ppc/ppc64/x86_64 machines, I was considering if
koji.fedoraproject could do a scratch build to test the build on the
other architectures. Further thought tells me that this couldn't work
because the requires/ BR will not be available.

On a second front: is there a policy on scratch builds in koji ?
ie: if I had a package that couldn't be in Fedora, but does not rely on
things outside of FPC, would it be OK to perform a scratch build to
build on arch I don't have access to ?

DaveT.