Empathy/Pidgin? [Was: Re: rawhide report: 20080313 changes]

Andrea Dell'Amico adellam at sevenseas.org
Sat Mar 15 15:48:30 UTC 2008

> On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 00:50 +0100, Andrea Dell'Amico wrote:
> > Well, pidgin (earlier versions, the ones that didn't crash :-))
> > doesn't
> > recover from disconnections too, at least when ssl is used.
>
> I use ssl for jabber, and it always seemed to reconnect just fine.  It
> all happens behind the scenes but it does happen.

I remember there was a time, immediatly after 2.0 was released, that
pidgin reconnected immedatly after the network was up, like the other
applications that talk with networkmanager (dbus?) do.
pidgin and xchat-gnome are the only two that need to wait for a timeout,
I don't know if it's the right behaviour.

ciao
andrea
--
No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people
on your side that you wish were on the other.