Mock problem with byte ranges?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 01:14:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am consistently seeing this behaviour with mock on F-8:

$ mock -r fedora-devel-x86_64 --install texlive-texmf
INFO: mock.py version 0.9.7 starting...
State Changed: init plugins
State Changed: start
State Changed: lock buildroot
ERROR: Command failed:
 # /usr/bin/yum --installroot
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64/root/  install texlive-texmf

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 texlive-texmf           noarch     2007-17.fc9      fedora            3.5 M
Installing for dependencies:
 texlive-texmf-errata    noarch     2007-4.fc9       fedora            3.7 k

Transaction Summary
Install      2 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 3.5 M
ftp://alviss.et.tudelft.nl/pub/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/texlive-texmf-errata-2007-4.fc9.noarch.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/pub/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/texlive-texmf-errata-2007-4.fc9.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 9] Requested Range Not Satisfiable

... [last message repeated for lots of mirrors]

But then if I immediately re-run the same command, it succeeds. this
is entirely reproducible - it always fails the first time with error
messages like above, and always succeeds the second time.

Any ideas? Is this a bug?

jonathan