perl 5.10.0 is in rawhide!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 17 09:04:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 11:12 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> You may notice that there are a lot of updated packages in rawhide
> today... this is because perl 5.10.0 has arrived!

Hm. RPM doesn't catch the dependencies for this properly, and there may
be some more packages which need updating -- for example, the exim
package depends upon 'libperl.so' but doesn't find that because it has
an rpath of /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/ppc-linux-thread-multi/CORE

I can rebuild Exim and it'll work, but we ought to get the dependencies
right in RPM. Did I miss something I was supposed to be doing?

--
dwmw2