Koji ppc64 builder - amount of RAM?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Mar 17 21:05:55 UTC 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I'm having difficulty building a package on the Koji ppc64 builder.
> It appears to run out of memory during the build:
>
>   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=519360&name=build.log
>   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=519356
>
> (and same again:
>
>   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=519376&name=build.log
>   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=519372 )
>
> I'm not sure yet if this is a real error, but does anyone know how
> much RAM is available on those builders?  Do tasks have exclusive use
> of the machine when they are building, or are builds done in parallel
> with other tasks (I assume the latter ...)
>
> Rich.
ppc1 has 2GiB ram
ppc2 and ppc3 have 4GiB ram
ppc4 has 8GiB ram

each has 4GiB of swap configured

There are parrallel builds going on though ppc2 gets less than the rest and
ppc4 can take more  if you look at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/hosts
you can go to each host and see its task load

ppc1 is 2  a build job is 1.5  so it will never do more than 2 builds at a
time
ppc2 and 3  have a task load of 4 so they could do 3 jobs each
ppc4 has a task load of 8 so it could do up to 6 builds at a time.

Each build job has a task load of 1.5

Dennis