Mock problem with byte ranges?

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Mar 17 21:26:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:40:28AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>
> > Andrew Farris wrote:

> >> I'm getting that quite often on rawhide, not in mock.  The rpms that
> >> were downloaded when that error occurs install just fine, with no
> >
> > Me too. Was this a full rebuild without version changes ?
> >
> > Did we have the existing packages getting signed for 9beta ?
> >
> Same here.  I clean out mock's yum cache and I'm still getting this.

I hit this at work as well. What I believe to be happening is that all
of the upstream packages were signed for rawhide (when they were not
signed before), meaning that a bunch of files all changed in place
(without changing names). Lots of mirrors are taking a very long time to
update their mirrors due to this issue, so if your client hits a mirror
that has not yet updated, then you hit this error.

For me, refreshing my local mirror fixed the problem.
--
Michael