evolution-exchange fails again in F8

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 13:29:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 11:09 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >  I don't see any package that looks like evolution plugin for
> >  openchange in rawhide repos. Is there a plan to package it soon so we
> >  users can test it?
> >

> >  Valent.
>
> Ah, openchange is exchange server replacement - great! But I can't
> influence my company's policy :(
> So only things that work for me are exchange clients not servers.

The openchange project developed first a client library as part of the
protocol discovery project.
This library is beeing used to develop a new plugin for evolution that
will use native MAPI.

There is an experimental Proof Of concept plugin already available but
that is certainly not usable in any kind of produciotn environment,
that's why it has not been packaged yet.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York