How can create a bootable DVD by myself

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Mar 19 20:04:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 09:28:22AM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> If I post wrong list, please redirect it to the correct places
>
> I am a newbie to the package manangement in Fedora. There are
> thousands of packages in the Fedora's repository.
>
> 1. I want to select some packages I want, but I don't know what
> packages it depends on. Is it another spine???
>    How can I solve that? Using comp.xml to define that?

You'll provide a kickstart file listing the packages you want, and
packages have dependencies on other packages, which get resolved by
the tool.

> 2. How can I create a bootable DVD/CD containing these packages? Which
> tool should I use? Punji???

If you're building a LiveCD/DVD, then you'll find what you need in the
livecd-tools package.

If you're building a set of non-Live installation CD/DVDs, then yes,
you would use pungi.

Thanks,
Matt

--