3.6% of heads up: Please correct your #includes or optflags use

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:36:23 UTC 2008

LK> nazghul/src/ascii.c
LK> nazghul/config.h

LK> These files do use *printf, but don't include <stdio.h>. Please
LK> patch them and send patch upstream if possible.

Well, config.h is generated by autoconf, and I don't believe it
includes any function calls at all.  Am I going to have to patch
autoconf now, or is this a false positive?

ascii.c does indeed call printf, but it indirectly includes stdio.h
(via at least SDL_image.h which includes SDL.h which includes
SDL_stdinc.h which includes stdio.h).  Perhaps not the best
programming practise, but he compiler doesn't complain that *printf is
used before being defined anywhere in the build log.  Wouldn't there
be at least a warning in this case?  I don't think it matters (except
for issues of style) where the header is included as long as it's
included previous to the site of the function call.

So I guess I'm still confused.

 - J<