Suggestion Next Release

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:38:58 UTC 2008

Em Sex, 2008-03-21 às 23:10 -0500, Diego Escobar escreveu:

> Hi:
>
> I have a suggestion about the default software for Fedora:
>
> First: In Latin America most part of people does´t have a fast
> Internet conection, and for this reason is difficult to install new
> software by YUM.
> Second: An important point that experts evaluate on a S.O. is "ready
> out of the box" and you supose how many changes you have to do to
> leave Fedora ready.
>
> With this ideas my suggestion is to include many software by
> default on Fedora (Especially in Fedora LiveCD)
>
>       * OpenOffice
>       * Linux Terminal Server (tsclient)
>       * Vino
>       * Yumex
>       * aMSN
>       * Fedora Frog (Easy front-end)
>       * Nautilus (always use browser by default)
> And why not? we can do easy including by default the most common
> repositories for Fedora:
>
>       * Livna
>       * Freshrpm
> I hope my suggestion will be taken into account. Remember, this idea
> is designed to do Fedora more competitive and more easy for the final
> user.

Diego,

The Fedora Project Brazil is creating a Brazilian Portuguese LiveCD to
fit our needs. It includes OpenOffice and Nautilus browser mode by
default. Maybe you're interested in doing something like this for
Colombia.

Please, don't include non-free stuff or unofficial packages in your
local spin, if so, you cannot call it Fedora.

You can find the .ks files here:
http://igor.fedorapeople.org/spin-pt_BR/