Using mock to build a chain of packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Mar 23 16:17:06 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 03:34:29PM +0100, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 18:49 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > I'm sure this must be a common question, but I can't work it out from
> > the man page and various online mock resources.
> >
> > I want to build a 'chain' of packages in mock -- packages A, B and C
> > where after A is built it must be installed because it is a
> > BuildRequires for B, and similarly B must be installed before C is
> > built.  None of these packages is in the Fedora verison (8) that I'm
> > using.
>
> What I am doing to achieve this is that I have a script, that adds
> results of mock to a repository. Of course I have to determine the build
> order by hand.

Could you share this script?  I'm still having problems making mock
build and install incrementally at all.

In return, here is my script for working out the build order from a
set of spec files.  You'll need to remove some ocaml-specific hacks
(and possibly add your own hacks for your own packages -- there are
lots of nuances to all this):

http://www.annexia.org/tmp/ocaml-deps.pl.txt

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v