Suggestion Next Release

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 23 17:46:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 13:25 -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 13:09 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > A mouse-middle-key double-click opens a directory, and closes it's
> > parent.
>
> Perfectly mysterious, you can't expect anyone to know that, right?
> We are talking about a default that would keep newbies comfortable,
> not people in-the-know.
>
> Not only is this rather obscure, but for a long time the middle button
> has been a pain to access, as X seem to map it to any random button
> when the mouse has more then a few buttons.
>
> And when it doesn't, typically the middle button is the wheel which is
> hard to click to begin with, let alone double click it.

The help documentation (which I'm sure you've read, right?) also points
out that the user can also hold down Shift while double-clicking to get
the same affect.

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E