kernel-libre (hopefully 100% Free) for Fedora 8 and rawhide

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sun Mar 23 19:54:51 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> said:
> Now, if Fedora doesn't take it, it will say something about Fedora's
> stance towards freedom.  I know I differ from Fedora in this regard
> already, so that's no big deal.

Fedora also strongly pushes "upstream, upstream, upstream" and does not
want to be the sole source and upstream for a project.  I think it would
be fine to strip all the binary blobs out of the upstream kernel, but I
don't think it is a good idea for Fedora to have two divergent kernels.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>