Proposed features

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 23 22:17:15 UTC 2008

IF> On Feb 12, 2008 12:07 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Ex.  > The Game SIG could maintain an ini files with featured
>> Game in Fedora, > to make it easy for the users to install/remove
>> these games.
>>
>> See? Even in Fedora such thing have its place :) .
>>
>> Also, packagers could create own ini [or other file, ini is so
>> windowsish] file which would install all required packages and so
>> others...

IF> its pythonic :D .. import ConfigParser

>> We can make a software portal (I can help, I can help :D !) with
>> such files to make browsing repo easier (but if PackageKit
>> implements icons there will be no difference).

IF> Perhaps extends pkgdb to include a easyinst link .. and also make
IF> pkgdb more for benefit of users (instead of its current purpose as
IF> something for pkg maint) ..

IF> <wishlist pkgdb> * ability to view bugzilla list related to
IF> package (both in fp.o bz and upstream bz) * several infos from
IF> spec (URL Tag, source URL, ) * easyinst link * screenshots if
IF> possible * a small discussion area (like winehq's appdb)
IF> </wishlist>

This sounds a lot like the proposed MyFedora idea:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MyFedora

there is also a similar project, WebUI, suggested in the Google Summer
of Code idea list:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerCoding/2008/Ideas#head-fc035207c713afb64340dc9c1fdfcda3ae963f53

these efforts should probably be merged.

Alex