Suggestion Next Release

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Mar 24 01:20:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 17:07 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> -jef"If you can't suck it up and deal with your scroll wheel as a
> second mouse button, enable chording of the 1st and 3rd and just
> forget that your pos mouse device actually has a physical 2nd button
> and just chord when you need to"spaleta

But what would be the point?!? Do you expect newbies to know how to do
that? In fact, I don't know, and I'm not a newbie. In fact, most people
wouldn't probably know that you could even *do* such a thing, let alone
know how to do it.

Like it or not, most mice these days have a mouse wheel that doubles as
middle button. In fact, out of the 6 mice I have around me right now,
all fall in that category. And no matter how boneheaded the manufacturer
is, this is what we have to work with.

All I heard up to this point are complicated/unreasonable/unfeasible
solutions for newbies for a problem that we created and it's easy to
fix. Wouldn't it be a lot more reasonable to give people by default what
they are used to, and let power-users flip a switch?

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.