Using mock to build a chain of packages

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Mon Mar 24 14:20:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 12:22 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:53:33AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > AFAIK, the packages must be listed in the repodata for the resolve step to
> > be successful. Installing directly into the guest rpm db is not enough.
> > And when updating the repodata to be used by mock+yum, be sure to disable
> > the metadata_expire value, so updated repos are recognised always.
>
> Any hint about how I do this?
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-top is 'top' for virtual machines.  Tiny program with many
> powerful monitoring features, net stats, disk stats, logging, etc.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

You need to modify your /etc/mock/whatever-you-use.cfg file to point to
a local repository. I've got one like this:

[mock-updates]
name=mock-updates
baseurl=file:///net/home/rcc/tjb/mock-updates/8/x86_64/

I have a simple script (attached) that moves the results of one build
into my local mock-updates repo and runs createrepo to make it a valid
repository. So build A, run script, build B which needs A, and it should
work.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |