kernel-libre (hopefully 100% Free) for Fedora 8 and rawhide

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:12:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 03:36 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Of course, whether Fedora wants that or not is not up to me.  I'm
> going to maintain these kernels one way or another.  I didn't foresee

Great.  I'm glad to hear you will maintain them one way or another.

> any opposition to something that's so clearly in line with Fedora's
> goals, and that would cost very little to everyone else.  But if there

Again, you aren't listening.  You're stuck on your implementation being
the only way to achieve that goal.

> is opposition, or if there are demands for me to do things in a way
> that are against my personal goals, that's fine, I can live with that.

If doing it properly and splitting the firmware into a subpackage is
against your personal goal for whatever reason, then that's fine.  It's
against my personal goal of having a working laptop to completely strip
out the firmware.

> We're all free to choose what to do, right?

Absolutely.  I will say this in the kindest terms possible though: if
you continue to just post on this thread over and over saying the same
things when several people have tried to actually help you accomplish
the end goal, your message will turn from one which is admirable to one
which is repetitive and grating.

josh