kernel-libre (hopefully 100% Free) for Fedora 8 and rawhide

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 20:08:03 UTC 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> How do you know without _actually trying_?

Because I'm not the only person in the world, and others have preceded
me in this attempt.

> Several kernel hackers on this list have said they are willing to
> support a drive for that, and upstream already has converted a few
> drivers in this way.

I'm not opposed to it.  But it's a much longer-term process that quite
honestly is very unlikely to solve the problem.

Insisting for me to waste my time trying won't convince upstream, and
upstream doesn't want to be convinced.  If you think it is based on
the few easy cases, you're missing a big part of the picture.