xorg intel driver in rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:06:29 UTC 2008

>  >  > > > Of course that doesn't mean the driver isn't buggy.  I'm considering
>  >  > > > this change for upstream, if you get a chance maybe you could try it
>  >  > > > out to see if it fixes your problems?
>  >  > >
>  >  > > mplayer seems to behave with that patch, thanks!
>  >  >
>  >  > Great, thanks for testing.  Assuming I don't get any "hey this broke my
>  >  > machine" mails, I'll push it upstream for the 2.3 release.
>  >
>  >  Btw, for the morbidly curious, I posted a summary of the backlight issues we
>  >  have on the Intel side to xorg at lists.freedesktop.org today (subject "Intel
>  >  backlight info"), feel free to check it out.
>  >
>  just like to add that I am also seeing the backlight issue on similar
>  hardware to the poster.

I just grabbed the src rpm and the latest git version of the driver. I
noticed in the process that there's two versions of the intel driver
plus the old i810 driver (I thought the later was going to go away in
F9). In the intel ones there one that's called master and one called
batchbuffer. What's the difference between the two and how does it
choose which one to load?

Also hat's the difference between the two different ones and the git
master repo? Or even the 2.2.99.910?

Cheers,
Pete