system-config-soundcard: why?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 21:12:22 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating (jkeating at redhat.com) said:
> > So, why do we need this in the default install?
>
> Why do we need this at all?  Is it time for a block-pkg ?

Well, I could argue why do we need csh, or 20 IRC clients, or apps written
in Motif/lesstif, or applets that check for new mail by parsing a RSS feed
in perl (with passwords written to the local disk, yay), and a variety of
things that I'm sure other people have a need for. Doesn't necessarily mean
they should be *blocked*, just not in the default install.

Bill