F9 Beta package revision issues

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 22:55:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I updated from F8 + current updates to rawhide / nearly the beta late
> last week using yum so I'm not sure if this is part of the problem.
> Basically after a nearly a week of using I'm seeing a few small issues
> (random crashes etc). Knowing of the mass recompile from gcc 4.1 to
> 4.3 I assume there must be some binary incompatibility so I did a 'rpm
> -qa | grep fc8' to see what if any of the old F8 rpms were hanging
> around and why (possible 3rd party repo etc).

repoquery --repoid=development -q packagename

to check to see if the version is still the f8 version or not.  For example
redhat-lsb is still sporting the fc8 tag in development.  It's not
necessarily a problem that that fc8 versions are still in the development
tree.

Also check to see if any of the packages are still blocking on gcc34 fixes.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=433629

Just spot checking things I care about in the list, imlib2 is the only real
problem and needs to be updated in the development tree to keep from
breaking update paths. This was most likely just a goof when the f8 update
for imlib2 was built in mid march. or it might have been the result of
development branch freeze preventing a build from going through...not
sure..haven't kept up with the details of the freeze/thaw cycle for beta.

-jef