xorg intel driver in rawhide

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Mar 26 13:51:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 09:45 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:02:43 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
>
> > The intel-kernelmode branch contains DRI2 and kernel modesetting
> > support for the Intel driver. It gets enabled if you a) boot with
> > modesetting enabled (i915.modeset=1) on the kernel command line. or
> > b) Add option "intel-batchbuffer" "true" to the serverflags section.
>
> At least option B seems not to work for me, X still loads the master
> driver.

Option A gives me no X and no errors in the X log. Option B doesn't seem
to enable the batchbuffer driver. I'm using an "Intel Corporation Mobile
945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller rev 3".

On a brighter note, the back light issues seem to be fixed...

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |