few ideas how to make fedora better as a desktop

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:32:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Will Woods (wwoods at redhat.com) said:
>  > I actually created a Feature page after a discussion about this on
>  > #fedora-devel earlier this week:
>  >
>  > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SbinSanity
>  >
>  > I think it summarizes the problem and (one) proposed solution fairly
>  > well. Feel free to expand/edit it..
>  >
>  > Comments?
>
>  Just fix $PATH. It is much much simpler.

Nah.. why take the simple way. In fact.. why have /bin and /usr/bin..
no one who counts really uses them as seperate things? We should just
have everything in one or the other. I mean put everything in /bin
that is executable. Create a /share and we don't really need /usr
anymore either.

And is this Friday on the memo or tech-list? ;P